9.24.2018
Is Anyone Out There Even Listening
Harlan and Doris are wonderful. He is 94, but I don't know how old she is.
He has had 8 strokes or more. She has faithfully tended to him through them all.
'They are delightful to visit, which I have done on a number of occasions, including last Thursday.
The stories they told were poignant, sorrowful, funny, delightful, interesting, and it was a delight to be with them.
They told about a car Harland just went out and bought without consulting Doris; and a house where he did the same thing! Oh my goodness; RAH, don't even think about it! I left being totally uplifted and inspired and happy.
On Sunday, Doris came up to me, and whispered in my ear: "Loni, thank you for coming to visit us; it meant so much to Harlan and to me. After you left, we realized that you had JUST LISTENED. You hadn't said anything about YOU!"
I wonder why we are all so eager to speak about US, and to not listen to the amazing unique stories of those around us?
WHY would I visit the Hancock's to hear stories about ME, when it is they I wish to know.
It's easy for me to listen. Hard for me to talk.
And, over the years, I have learned some wonderful stories about others as I relax and
LISTEN!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
DEVASTATION!
Jenni called Sunday night to talk to Allen. She told him the women in our family do not feel comfortable around him. He tells them they ar...

No comments:
Post a Comment