7.05.2019

Grocery Store Meltdown...

All my life I have been a totally Carb lover; a Carb aholic; a Carb junkee, a Carb aficionado.

Breads - of any and all kinds - and I have always had a very special relationship.

Lately I've been reading about how bad grains are for a person; how they have totally changed over the last hundred years, etc.

Because of that and a desire to lose some weight and because of some digestive issues, I am trying to CUT WAY BACK ON GRAINS.

It is SO VERY HARD.

SO, today at the grocery store, I went down the bread aisle, looking for a non-gluten bread.  As I walked past all the kinds of breads there are, I thought I might cry.  Sourdough (I love); nine-grain (delicious and I always thought healthy); mini bagels (so perfect toasted); English muffins (Whole-grain or not), Raisin toast (a perfect breakfast accompaniment for eggs), buns (with a hamburger for a summer meal), and on and on.

I would have felt silly standing there sobbing, so I quickly moved on and there they were; the crackers and the pretzels.  The chips made out of flours of all kinds.

So, I quickly moved along the back of the store; more temptations.

The Dairy Case.

I'm also trying to cut way back on dairy.  It's not good for a person.

AH, cheese, I miss you and love you.  Will we ever be reunited again?  Yoghurt; a favorite breakfast food for many years; butter, but wait, why do I need butter if I am not eating breads?  Well, of course, on my baked potato.  No, wait, POTATOES are also on the OUT list.  I am reading a book that says no to APPLES and KIDNEY BEANS.

My world is turned upside down.

It's no wonder I almost had a meltdown in the grocery store.

I was, however, able to buy a small banana.

No word yet that they are on the OFF list!




1 comment:

Laurence Gee said...

My dear cousin Loni, don't believe every thing you read. There is a lot of bad information out there

Laurence

Happening NOW!

  Jordan's incredible green thumb on display.  This is just astounding to me.  He's so talented and he knows the names of all these ...