3.23.2013

Janet and the Phone Call

I love to visit with Janet...she is so inspiring to me.

A few months ago, she had surgery on a large growth on her neck.  She had a ginormous scar with many stitches.  So, I've taken a couple of meals, visited her a few times, and called her yesterday.

She is still weak, but recovering.

BUT, she is still pure gold and thinking of others.  She invited her husband's children to a birthday celebration.  Her husband has dementia and it is getting much worse, but she wanted them to be a part of his birthday celebration, so she went shopping at Costco to buy food for the party.  It was a challenge for her to push the large cart by herself, but she did it, in preparation for the surprise birthday party for her husband.  She was excited.

"Janet," I said, "You are so thoughtful and good."

Then she said something that just thrilled me to the tip of my toes;

it's a powerful mantra:

"IT'S FUN TO BE MAKE PEOPLE HAPPY!"

What a true statement.  Making others happy certainly doesn't lessen our own happiness; it multiplies it.

Oh, Janet, you inspire me.  And, I always love talking with you!

Thank you for being my friend.

1 comment:

Lauralee said...

Out of curiosity, did she have a tumor on the parotid gland in her neck? I wonder, as I had the same thing back in 2006. Mine was the size of a golf ball and happily was benign. Hope she heals nicely and considers it a memory real soon. Sounds like she has a wonderful attitude about life and love!

DEVASTATION!

 Jenni called Sunday night to talk to Allen. She told him the women in our family do not feel comfortable around him.  He tells them they ar...