4.07.2013
The Wal*Mart Dilemma
Many years ago, a good friend told me that she will never shop at Wal*Mart because of their unfair practices to their employees, overseas workers, etc.
Then, just recently a friend told us about a rather disturbing movie called; WAL*MART; THE HIGH COST OF LOW PRICES.
And, last week on our mission, a man came in who had worked for Wal*Mart for 8 years and was fired because of a very simple mistake he made just one time....no chance to redeem himself.
It is all upsetting and points out that Wal*Mart is not really a place that I should support.
HOWEVER, and it is a BIG however, it's so hard to NOT shop there because of their prices.
Yesterday, on my way home from exercising, I shopped at a local Utah food chain; clean store, great produce section, tremendous selection of fresh meats, but their prices are so very HIGH, HIGH, HIGH. My bill was $106 (we are feeding some grandkids, so I bought more than I normally would!)
I feel quite confident that had I shopped at Wal*Mart, my bill would have been at least ten dollars cheaper and over time, that adds up.
It's just so hard because I want to support local. I don't want to give in to Wal*Mart's outrageous business model, but the bottom line for me - on a fixed income -
I need to save money!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
DEVASTATION!
Jenni called Sunday night to talk to Allen. She told him the women in our family do not feel comfortable around him. He tells them they ar...

No comments:
Post a Comment