9.01.2012

The Modern Way

RAH and I were shopping in the little bookstore.  We were looking for just the right gift for the neighbor girl on her birthday...finally Allen picked out a lovely necklace he thought the 8 year old would like.  We wrapped it up and gave it to her.

NEVER HEARD A THANK YOU.

RAH decided he would fix up and give another neighbor girl his guitar along with the guitar book instruction book he wrote.  He restrung the guitar and took it to her home with the music book.

NEVER HEARD A THANK YOU.

The new mother welcomed me into her home, and showed off her new little baby boy.  I gave her the gift I had thought was such a delightful outfit for a new baby.  She smiled, took the gift, and I left.

NEVER HEARD A THANK YOU.

Now, we certainly don't give gifts to get thank yous.  But, it just seems like such a courtesy to write a note, or even say something....

So, it makes me wonder, is this the modern way....do we just GET and not say thanks?????  It's all so puzzling to me.  Really, how difficult is it for a person to say THANK YOU?

It's also humbling and serves as a reminder to me that I need to ALWAYS be grateful to my Heavenly Father for the many, many GIFTS HE has given MOI!


1 comment:

Lauralee said...

Two things my Mother always told us comes to mind in regard to your post: "It's not what they do, it's what we do that counts." and "Expect nothing and you're never disappointed." Yes, it also drives me nuts when I don't get a 'thank you' but then I remember these two phrases and I am cured. xo

Birthday Week with the GIRLS! IN Other Words; FUN TIMES in Santa Fe, New Mexico!

  Not in the right order, but whatever the order, it was SO FUN!  Just a great time.