5.28.2009

Fred Calder - a Good, Good Man

How does a person describe a Fabulous Fred Calder?

Devoted family man - 8 of the finest kids I know..how lucky to live by Carrie, Deanne, Helen, Byron, Quinn, Gina, Shane, and Lisa
Fantastic cook - as in - nobody's bread is better, and his Dutch oven cooking is gooooood stuff
Great gardener - like cantaloupes and watermelons in Rexburg, Idaho?!?!?
Masterful story teller - stories of his growing up in Vernal, his mission in New Zealand, his family...oh, he was a master at telling fun stories....
Hard, hard worker - even after his illness, Shirley told us he was up on the roof one day trying to fix something..he did enjoy physical labor.
Lover of the Gospel
Happy, positive, smiling, cheerful Fred!

Dear Calder family....heaven is a happier, brighter place today because Fred is there, and our world is a little duller because he is not here. Oh, he will be missed; he will be missed!


4 comments:

Nat said...

I, too loved Fred, his kindness, and his bread. Our heart and prayers go out to Shirley and their children.

Thanks, Loni for the great picture of Fred.

kelli said...

I remember Fred. He use to bring bread over when I was staying with you. I am sorry to hear he passed away.

Ms. Fish said...

I ditto everything you said! What a beautiful tribute to one of the greatest good men in the world!

Martha said...

Even I remember Fred from our visits to Rexburg. A good neighbor & great legacy.

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!