6.17.2015

Sunday Night Visits

I love visiting people on Sunday nights.

I've heard some great, inspiring, compelling, funny, amazing stories over the years.

The visits won't be happening over the next few weeks as I will be tending grandchildren and staying at a KOA for several weeks starting in July.

But, recently, I've visited that dear wonderful Dr. Howe.

John was a veterinarian.  He loves animals - of all sizes and kinds.  He has a very tender heart towards them and told me some great stories of his experiences taking care of them in California, where he practiced until he was in his 80's.

He didn't want to retire, but he couldn't see well enough or hear well enough to continue his practice.

Last week he told me the story of his courtship with his wife, who has been dead for quite a few years.  He had a picture of her on his dresser, and she was stunningly beautiful.  It's easy to see where his lovely daughter, my relief society president, gets her good looks.

I often find it sad when old people are sort of ignored in a ward; they have so much to offer, but no one pays them any heed.  People walk by as if they aren't there.  No one asks them to contribute in classes.

It's very sad.

I'm grateful I learned from my father that older people have much to offer.

I see it often in my Sunday evening visits.

No comments:

Birthday Week with the GIRLS! IN Other Words; FUN TIMES in Santa Fe, New Mexico!

  Not in the right order, but whatever the order, it was SO FUN!  Just a great time.