1.23.2017

January 21, 2017

This was an unusual day filled with many emotions; mostly happy.

First off, I went to exercise; that's always good (to have over!)  Ha Ha.

Allen got a home exchange invite to France, so we talked about that a lot and we decided to invite our two daughters.  Then we decided that we would pay for them to go with us.

They were both so appreciative and excited and happy and ecstatic.

Then Stockton moved out....that left me with a very empty feeling....I can't really explain it, but I was left feeling somewhat forlorn.  I have enjoyed having here so very much.

After lunch, we went to visit some friends from Rexburg, who moved here in January of 2016.  They had sent us a Christmas card, so we decided to drop by and say hello.

We had not seen them for 12 years, so when we knocked on the door, she didn't realize who we were at first.  But, it was fun to get reacquainted and learn about their wonderful family with their three children grown and adults now.  That was fun.

We tried to see Shane Calder, but couldn't find his home in the dark, and wanted to visit someone else, but didn't have an address, so we went to Lin's for pizza (me), salad (Allen), which is a total switcheroo.

It was a fulfilling and gratifying day and at the end, I felt grateful for our lives and our family and our friends.

Life is good.

And, I loved January 21.

But, then, on January 22, it was an even better day.

We became great grandparents to little Evan David Fisher


Joyous times!

My heart is filled with gratitude.

No comments:

Grandkids...How I LOVE Them!

 Lola Halsey - one year old birthday!