8.17.2018

MINI Tender Mercy

It's so incredibly HOT in this town!

The heat is relentless and is continuing for a very long time...unfortunately.

So, it makes air conditioning a MUST HAVE.

And, good cool clothing.

This morning, I went to the temple to do some sealings.  I always enjoy that, but the room was so sweltering hot.

Also, my dress is polyester and it would be hard to find a fabric more unsuitable for hot weather.  Add to that the fact that I usually wear my gym white shirt underneath, as I usually go to the gym immediately afterwards.  So, in other words, my clothing is HOT!

I had 6 names to do.  But, in the room, they asked if I would help with a handful of other names needing sealings.  Well of course.

I was so glad when it was over, BUT THEN....the gentleman at the sealing desk asked if I had some time to do some more sealings where another woman was needed.  I agreed.

By then, I was sheltering hot on the 3rd floor of the temple....I walked in to a different sealing room, and was feeling pretty uncomfortable and miserable, when I realized there was air flowing; cooling air; it was so remarkable because the first room had been absolutely stifling.  Now, however, there was a small draft of air flowing thru.  It felt so very good.  I said a silent prayer of thanks, and then did the other names.

And, I felt grateful for that cooling air in a wonderful setting.

It also reminded me, again, of the marvelous people who have come before me with no air conditioning - EVER - how did they survive?

I have much to be grateful for on this lovely Friday morning!

No comments:

Birthday Week with the GIRLS! IN Other Words; FUN TIMES in Santa Fe, New Mexico!

  Not in the right order, but whatever the order, it was SO FUN!  Just a great time.