2.08.2022

SNEAKING OFF TO D.I.

 "What's this?" RAH asked one morning looking in the DI pile.

"Stuff that is no longer useful in our home."  

"I'm sure I could find something to use it for.  We don't want to give THAT away!"

"And, what is this," he continued going thru the bag.....

"Clothes that no longer fit, I haven't worn for 20 years, out of style, and no longer fit, as I mentioned previously."

"Well, look at that fabric, it's perfectly fine and in great shape," he nods as he looks at the faded fabric that hasn't seen the light of day for 20 years and I thought someone could use to tear up for rags.

"You are not seriously thinking of giving THESE away, are you?" he pursues, holding up books that he has never been aware that we have; he will not have the slightest interest in reading; and just gather dust in shelves I am trying to clear out.

SO it goes..now the DI basket is empty.

And that is why, when I can, I SNEAK off to DI.....I just hope he never asks where his hammer went!




No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!