12.05.2023

The Silent Prayer

He was in the grocery line in front of me; he only had a coupe of items.

When he swiped his card in the card reader, the clerk said,

"It only took some of it...you still owe $10.77," or something like that.   I don't remember the exact amount.

But, as he stood there in that line, there was something about him...forlorn, sad, I'm not sure.

But, I prayed for him.  I said, "Heavenly Father, let something good happen to him today."

As I was silently praying, his other credit card was declined.  He was searching thru his wallet, when I said, "Oh, I've got this.  I'll just pay for that."

He looked at me and said, "Thank you," and something else I didn't hear or understand, but it was sort of an apology.

"No problem," I said..."Stuff like this happens to all of us at one time or another.  It's nothing..."  And, I handed the clerk the money.

Somewhere in all that exchange, it occurred to me that something good had happened to that gentleman.  And, it was such a great feeling to realize that.  

God is so good.  I was grateful to be a teeny part of that little moment.

No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!