9.28.2008

I love going to church all over the world!

In 1995, while on a tour with Ricks faculty members, Allen and I were at an LDS church service in a hotel room in Russia. There were hardly any members there, but among the few people there, was a woman who had been my babysitter in Pocatello, Idaho. She was taking a tour of Russia and had heard about the LDS meeting being held in her hotel. So, while I had not seen this lady in about 40 years, we met at church in Russia!

One day, I walked into sacrament meeting in Lake Havasu, Arizona, and sitting on the back row was a former visiting teaching companion.

Last week, at a ward in Harlem, New York, Allen met a former student of his from Ricks College.

And today, walking into the Manhattan ward, there was an awesome young man from Rexburg, Idaho. Following that sacrament meeting, his sister was coming in for the Singles Ward sacrament meeting. So, I saw 2 people from Rexburg. Also in the ward, but I didn't see him is John Hancey, also from Rexburg. Adam Sparhawk told me that one of the Porters from Porter Bookstore in Rexburg had just recently moved out of that ward.

It's so fun to make connections. I love that. And, I guess I should add; I love our church!

1 comment:

kelli said...

I need to travel more, so I can see this first hand

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!