6.12.2009

Books Recently Read

Posted by Picasa
While journeying in faraway lands, I had time to read.
I don't want to forget what I read recently, so here's a list of books read in the last three months: (I keep a journal -when I remember to do so) of books that I have read, but it's much easier to type it than write it:
Doctrine and Covenants _ almost finished and will read again to finish the year.
Sense & Sensibility - by Jane Austen
Persuasion - by Jane Austen
Rumpole Rests His Case - by John Mortimer (probably some of my all-time favorite books are Rumpole books; they make me smile and laugh out loud...he's delightful!)
Our Mutual Friend - by Charles Dickens (not my favorite book by Dickens, but I love Dickens)
As you can see, when I was in England, I was really into Brit Lit!
The Associate - John Grisham (disappointing)
The Appeal - John Grisham (2nd time read; makes me wonder if politics and political races are really like this. An astonishing book.)
Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid - by Bill Bryson (2nd time read; laugh out loud book)

The Outliers - Malcom Gladwell (an absolutely fascinating and MUST READ book..thanks Jeremy and Justin, for this recommendation.)
Three Cups of Tea - by Greg Mortensen - which I am just finishing...wow..one person can, indeed, make a tremendous difference!
On the horizon:

Seven Daughters and Seven Sons
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

Mr. Monk is Miserable
May I just add here: hurray for libraries and books and a Kindle!

4 comments:

kelli said...

I am reading three cups of tea right now. I am going to have to read some of these other books you have listed. I have never heard of some of them. Thanks for listing them!

Mrs. Olsen said...

I figured all that brit lit went with your trip to England. I am ashamed to admit, I have never read Dickens. My book club is reading the potato pie book this month, and I'm glad I've got your list to refer when my reading list needs awakened.

Libby said...

Thanks for your list. I have added a couple of them to my "to read" list. I recently read the Guernsey Literary Society and really enjoyed it.

Ms. Fish said...

Holy Cow. I can't believe you read all those books. That is awesome. I definately want to partake of some of those you mentioned.

PS: When we go to Virginia, there won't be much time for putting your nose in a Kindle. Cuz we will be wanting a nap. JK!

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!