7.08.2009

A Capitol Fourth (or really 3rd)


What's more American than being in Washington, DC for the 3rd of July?


Here are just a few pictures of our 3rd of July

On July 3rd, Kristi, Jenni and I were walking around the Washington DC Mall and happened to come upon some music...wondering what it was, we walked around a barricade and it was the dress rehearsal for the big concert on the steps and lawn of the Capitol!

What can I say; it was awesome...

Barry Manilow - wow, that guy can sing...loved Copacabana
Aretha Franklin in her Mickey Mouse tee shirt...we loved that; no make-up, no fancy dress, just great music

Big Bird and Pals ( the crowd loved this!)

Natalie Bedingfield (never heard of her)

and the cast from the Jersey Boys....awesome, awesome, awesome.

And, of course, an incredible orchestra.

What a great fantastic crowd and event. People around us told us we were so lucky to come to the dress rehearsal as it wasn't very crowded compared to the actual event.....HA!HA!

The weather was perfect....it was not scorching as we had thought.
What a great day to share with my fabulous daughters!
(dad, I thought of you almost the entire concert...
sitting there enjoying it was just for you...you taught me to love and appreciate America!)










1 comment:

Mrs. Olsen said...

Awww. Wow I haven't been to your blog in a long time! I love sister mommy weekends. Love D.C. I hope Kristi's new chapter in life will be a peaceful one. Welcome home.

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!