7.15.2009

Attitude of Grattitude

I'm always finding new things to be grateful for:

Today's insight comes from a new dentist. My former dentist was not available today.

New dentist was trying to get acquainted (with my teeth, mostly) and he asked about my wisdom teeth.

I've never had any, I responded. (But, that also means I've never had much wisdom!)

Consider yourself very very fortunate, he replied. (He actually said it about 3 times in 3 different ways.)

I'd never really given much thought to not having wisdom teeth, but hearing other people talk about the painful removal of such things, I realized what a great thing to be thankful for:

So, thanks be to heaven for my mouth not growing wisdom teeth.

And, to compensate for my lack of wisdom, I'll study the Doctrine and Covenants harder tonight.

4 comments:

Nat said...

I am also grateful for NO wisdom teeth ... my mother didn't have any either. But I certainly don't think it took away from you being wise ... Far from it, Oh Loni the Wise One!

Ms. Fish said...

Having NO wisdom teeth actually makes you wiser. More room for brain matter!

And of course, knowing you, this totally fits.

DH said...

Another thing we have in common.

Jordan said...

I didn't have any either! I now know I have you to thank. Now, you don't have to feel bad about giving me chicken skin. I would mich rather have that then painful tooth extractions! Also, Anna has chicken skin.

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!