7.14.2009

We'll go where you want us to go; even if it's youth conference



What are you doing July 9 - 11, the bishopric member asked.


What I should have said was: having my toenails painted, weeding my artificial plants, or even perhaps practicing my Yoga meditation.


What I DID say was...we don't really have anything planned. Wrong Answer!


And, so it was, that Allen and I were asked to be chaperons for the Little Valley Stake Youth Conference.


Don't get me wrong...I think youth conferences are fantastic....just not for this NO LONGER YOUTH person!


It was an amazing event; it was the most organized awesome youth conference I can imagine. Jon and Joni Prince and their committees did an incredible job; it was just phenomenal.

Very generous cabin owners allowed the kids and leaders the use of their cabins at Brian Head.


Here's what the youth did over two and a half days:


Service projects in the city of Parowan (clean cemeteries, lay sod, paint library furniture, etc.); played games including a gigantic whip cream fight ending with being sprayed down by the fire truck; face painting; concert by Sam Payne; five mile hike (up and back) to Brian Head Peak; workshops; dance that was just fun, fun, fun; lots of good, good food; testimony meeting; pizza party.

And the best part was; the kids had a fantastic time and felt the spirit;
that's what really matters.



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Ms. Fish said...

That whipping cream fight looks like so much fun. I think we should do that for S&L's 16th birthday. We have a little in with the fire department!

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!