7.26.2011

Dear Mom


The table is set:

with your dinnerware

your silverware

your goblets

your candlestick holders; maybe even your candles.

Everything looks so beautiful.

But, I feel such a sense of sadness, because I never asked you:

about the dinnerware: it is so unique - where did it come from, how did you get it?

about the silverware: was it something you bought on one of your many foreign adventures?

about the goblets: they are so beautiful – where did they come from, how did you get them?

Oh, my dear dear mother – I had my chance, and so many opportunities.

I'll eat this meal with friends tonight, but I will be thinking of you. And, I'll be remembering ALL the many, many wonderful feasts we ate at your beautiful and bounteous table.

My food won't be as tasty; as plentiful; as copious; as flavorful, as nourishing, as colorful and beautiful; nothing quite ever is.

Thank you dear, Mom, for the gift of beauty! I love you.

No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!