8.27.2011

The Four Docs


It's hanging just inside the front door.

I just put it up.

But, you see, the thing is, when I hung it up, I got all emotional thinking about those four kids.

They were just normal, average, every-day kids; going to school, complaining about helping around the house and having to get up to read scriptures, laughing together, playing the sock game for family-home-evenings, having issues with friends, staying out late, arguing over who gets to take the car, not wanting to eat vegetables.

Did I ever even notice the incredible MINDS underneath their hair, which was mostly unkempt?

And now, they have accomplished something truly remarkable.

All four of them.

SO, that is why I was so emotional. I am so very proud of them.

Oh, they have issues and challenges and problems; just like most of us.

But, what those four children have done sends shivers up my spine; the horrific long hours, the sleepless nights, the studying, the expected things to learn and remember, the lives that are at stake when they are at work – I cannot fathom.

So, yes, it makes me emotional. Because you see, they have accomplished a great deal – more than most – but they are such NICE folk.

And, so I did get just a teeny – okay – really emtional.

1 comment:

Ms. Fish said...

awesome blog post. thanks. i don't blame you for being emotional. it really is quite amazing. all my brothers and sister inspire me.

Grandkids...How I LOVE Them!

 Lola Halsey - one year old birthday!