9.03.2011

The Wal*Mart Dilemma


"Ill NEVER shop at Wal*Mart again!" she told me years ago...."discrimination, poor wages for the employees, questionable policies of child labor or sweat shops abroad, etc.," she gave as her reasons.

It all seems so reasonable and for a good cause.

But, practicality ALWAYS comes into play for me:

Peaches - 1.98 lb at the regular grocery store..
Peaches - .98 lb at Wal*Mart...

Gallon of Milk - $4.05 regular grocery store...
Gallon of Mile - $2.68 Wal*Mart...

bananas - .99 regular grocery store...
bananas -.58 Wal*Mart...

Those are just the grocery items....if I need anything non-grocery, the price differences are even more dramatic.

And, over time, those price differences totally add up.

As a person who tries to be financially conservative and spend carefully, for now, I'll just continue to shop Wal*Mart.....

However, if I ever win the lottery, you'll see me at the expensive grocery store down the street!

1 comment:

Lauralee said...

There is a difference between "needing to" and "wanting to" when conserving your money. I fall into the former category, but even if I had a windfall I expect I would continue on with the good choices I make now on a frugal basis. I am happy, healthy and surrounded by people who love me, so what more could I ever want? Certainly not the fois gras.

Birthday Week with the GIRLS! IN Other Words; FUN TIMES in Santa Fe, New Mexico!

  Not in the right order, but whatever the order, it was SO FUN!  Just a great time.