6.11.2014

On Having Daughters

I had three brothers; they are marvelous and wonderful and fun.

But, I always yearned for a S.I.S.T.E.R.

I have wonderful Sisters-in-law, for sure, but there's just something about a S.I.S.T.ER.

So, when my oldest daughter was born and then two boys, I wanted so badly for her to have a S.I.S.T.E.R.

When our fourth child was expected, I wanted it to be a girl so badly.

And, it was.

Jennifer had a S.I.S.T.E.R.!

I love our three sons; I'm proud of them.  They are good, honorable, and delightful to be around.

But, one of my greatest joys is to see my two adult daughters be together.




They are similar;

They are both:

Left-handed,
Kind,
Thoughtful,
Happy,
Bright,
Creative,
Generous,
Hard-Working,
Caring,
Nurturing,
Lovable,
Likable,
Loyal,
Good,
Funny,
Musical,
Other-oriented,
Intelligent,
Fun,
Honest,
Great cooks,
and so very good to MOI.
Both love the outdoors,
Both are in the medical profession...both have exceedingly challenging jobs.
Both have faced very challenging situations in their lives - and both have met those challenges head-on with strength of character.


But, they are very different also.

One has chosen a religious path...one not so much.

One has been married for about 28 years and has four marvelous children.

One is getting married and will be a step-parent to two children.

One is politically conservative; one more liberal.

One borders on vegetarianism; the other not really.

One has larger fingernails, one smaller fingernails....(ha, that's just a silly funky difference.)

When I count my blessings, which I try to do often; I consider having two daughters one of the greatest of my blessings.  I give thanks often for those wonderful daughters/friends/companions.

And, I will be forever grateful for J & K.

They bless my life immeasurably.....

How did I get so blessed?













2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so cute, I love your blog ^^

KRose said...

You're sweet mom- and I do love my sis!

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!