10.18.2015

Relationships - the Constant Challenge

I just learned about a situation one of my sons is facing.  Someone he works with has undercut him and is trying to get him pushed out of the project he has worked on for five years.  It has hurt our son deeply.  And, he no longer has respect for this person, whom he has worked very closely with for these five years.

Another son is also having some serious relationship struggles with a family member.  It has gotten worse over the course of the last four years and is heart wrenching.  His wife is having health issues and is partly caused by the relationship with the family member.

I've been thinking about both of these situations and I just keep thinking that if only we would all live the Gospel - or even the Golden Rule.  If we would treat others the way we would like to be treated, what a great blessing it would be for everyone.

I do not deal with challenges very well at all.

So, this is disheartening.  When my children ache, I ache also.    But, perhaps I feel it too deeply.

I want happiness for everyone all the time.  No struggles, no despair, no sorrows; what a great world this would be.

Even though I know this is entirely against the church's stand of having opposition and overcoming it.  

But, it's so hard to stand by and watch the ones you love suffering.  I'm just not good at that.

I'll seek help in prayers and the Atonement.




No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!