11.21.2015

On Getting Offended

It's so easy to get offended.

In church, we are given talks over and over about

LETTING THE OFFENSE GO!

I have been offended.  It just happens.

But, what happens AFTER the offense is really the significant thing.

I've tried to be forgiving.

I think I have forgiven two of the most egregious offenses.

I know it's hard.

But, last night, we heard a story of a lady in our ward who was offended, and hasn't spoken to her neighbor for six years.  In fact, has been openly rude to her neighbor.

To me, hearing the story, it sounded so trivial and STUPID, but that's the way offenses are....most of the time, at least.

I want to remember this story, not because I care to remember who and why, but just how silly it is to carry a grudge for so long and under such ridiculous circumstances.

I want to be able to just let go.


1 comment:

Laurence Gee said...

Brigham Young: "He who take offense when no offense was intended is a fool. He who takes offense when offense was intended is probably a fool."

Boyd K. Packer: "Let it go."

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!