12.22.2018

The Lost Art of Gratitude

For several years, I visited Sylvia Seegmiller on a regular basis at her home.  When she went to the care facility, RAH and I visited her every Thursday on our way home from our mission at the LDS Employment Center.

She was so appreciative and always most grateful.

Some friends and I took her to the temple when she felt like going...always giving thanks when we were done.  RAH and I took her to her favorite root beer stand to get her a diet Pepsi with ice.  She loved it and was so grateful.

I saw in her something that is dying in the world around me.

BEING GRATEFUL!

Sometimes I visit a friend who is lonely; she never says thanks; I give little gifts to a couple who have no one around, they don't say anything; I have tended children and the parents seem to take it as a given; I make an effort to visit a lady who has problems, she takes it in her stride.

I don't expect big hooplas or bells clanging or fireworks, but a very simple THANK YOU would be so nice.

It always makes me wonder about myself in years past.

And, maybe, just maybe, I am getting in return what I dished out in the past.

If that is really the case, I will just say here.

THANK YOU:

To GOD,
My Parents,
My Family,
My Friends,
My Neighbors,
Anyone who has touched me in a positive way.

I am GRATEFUL

No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!