2.17.2019

THE IRONY OF TODAY!

What an irony.

Today, the Sunday School lesson was in part about the Beatitudes, which the teacher described as meaning HAPPY IS the person who is meek, Happy are the poor in heart, etc.

The irony is that I went to Sunday School this morning with an exceedingly heavy heart.

I was overcome with sorrow, in fact.  I had told RAH that I had no desire to attend Sunday School, but there we were sitting in our usual place in the back, with my heart full of sorrow and Brother Coder cheerfully telling us that God wants us to be HAPPY!

How do I do that with an aching heart, I wondered.

Because, you see, one of my family members is thinking of splitting up....getting separated or divorced.  The signs have been there for a long time, but the reality is upon us.  I HURT for RSH.

And, for the situation.  And for the sorrow and needlessness of it all.  But, the parties involved are stubborn, prideful, not caring any more.  How did they get to that point?

When was the Gospel not part of their marriage?

Why did they let it get to this point before seeking help and comfort in each other?

Why is marriage SO DANG HARD?

One very significant part of the lesson was that Brother Coder pointed out the need for the Atonement EVERY DAY, and I MUST use that to help with my pain.  How I wish I could talk about religion with RSH to help her.

But, I'll study, pray, and ask for God to help me understand and once again, BE HAPPY!





No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!