12.16.2019

A Letter to My Father

Dear Dad,

From you, I learned my love of barbershop singing.

So often, I can hear your rich deep bass in the background of my mind.  Whether singing with the quartette or solo, I always LOVED that rich basso of yours.

Did you know that I was attracted to RAH because he played the piano by ear - JUST LIKE YOU!  I loved that about him, because it was so reminiscent of the times you would sit at the piano and just play with no music.

So, last night, we went to hear an acapello group of barbershop singers.


This group was truly unbelievable.  They had such amazing harmonies.  It was thrilling.


I kept thinking of you the entire night.

You would have loved it.  You would have been as delighted as I was.

And, so I just want to say on this Beautiful Sabbath; THANK YOU for giving me the love of MUSIC;

band, symphony, classic, popular (from YOUR era..ha ha.), parade music, just music in general.

I love this gift of music from you, dear father.

Thank you.



No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!