7.02.2020

The Epiphany

"Why can't they just simply express a simple thank you?"

It was the question I was asking myself after we generously gave a large contribution to a family we knew who were struggling in this covid crises.

I was annoyed, angered, disappointed.  It had been three days and no word came.  We had reached out to them knowing of their struggles and yet...nothing....

All I wanted/expected was a simple, "Thank you.  That will help us very much."

I seethed as I sat there, and then my thoughts were interrupted by the teeniest, tiniest little spark of insight.

"Loni, how many times have I helped you?  
"How many times have I given to you?  
"How many times have I stepped in when you needed help?

"Did you always turn to give thanks to ME?
"Did you always and immediately express gratitude?
"Did you kneel in prayer and let ME know how grateful you were?"

There are no words to describe how humbled I was at that moment.

I hope that we hadn't GIVEN because we needed thanks.
I hope that we simply gave because there was a need and we wanted to help.

But, here was I.....judging... and practically DEMANDING THANKS, until I realized how many times GOD has given so generously to me and I haven't always been grateful immediately.

Those were a humbling few moments there.

Oh, Heavenly Father, THANK YOU FOR ALL THE TIMES YOU DO GIVE.

And, I'm sorry I don't always turn to say THANK YOU.....

Because truly my heart is filled with an abundance of gratitude for your GIVING.

Post Script...the family did reach out to thank us, but I had learned a great lesson in the meantime.




No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!