10.16.2020

Inspiring New Friends

 Camping Trip; Fish Lake Utah; end of Augustish.....

I was in the trailer getting ready for the morning, when RAH came over and said I needed to come meet some people he had just started talking to.

Meet Barry and Janet Reese from Elsinore, Utah.


We had a very pleasant visit and enjoyed their company so much.  RAH got Janet's email address; no phone numbers.  And they packed up and left.

When we got home a few days later, RAH sent her an email, but it came back!  WRONG address.

We were so disappointed because we had so enjoyed them.  They were bright, funny, interesting, etc. so to lose contact with them was a disappointment.

Last night, just as we sat down to watch a tv documentary about the Roosevelt family, came a knock at the door.  The sun was shining right in my face as a familiar voice said, "You don't even know who we are, do you?"  I really didn't.  Until I asked them to come in, so I could see them.  

There were Barry and Janet.  Their grandson had helped them find our address.  They have a lovely condo here in St George and were here for a few days.  We talked for quite awhile, and decided to meet for lunch.

After our lunch, as we sat talking, Barry went to the men's room.  A group of six missionaries came in the restaurant.  Janet said, "I'll bet Barry buys their lunch!"  And, indeed, he did.  When he came out of the restroom, he walked over to them and bought their lunch.  Someone might do that for a pair of missionaries, but for 6!  

It was so inspiring to me.  I loved it and our newly - made friends!


Barry is a convert to the church.  He pays for the missionaries whenever gets a chance.

People are so VERY GOOD and wonderful.  Hooray for good people in the world!


No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!