2.01.2021

A Sugar Free - (More or Less) Diet

 Like everyone else on January 1, I decided to change a few of my habits.  

I am badly addicted to sugar; well, not just plain sugar, of course.  But, the things that one would find loads of sugar in: cookies, candy, crackers, more candy, etc.

So, I made an odd commitment.  To only have sugar on Saturday.  

The thing about this is that during the week, I still have sugar which is found in nearly EVERYTHING.  I just saw a joke about ketchup being just a hiding place for lots of sugar.  I eat granola; which already has sugar or honey in it. I eat a lot of fruit; loaded with sugar, especially my favorite, which is dates.  I have a banana every day and they are high in sugar content.  Apples, not so much, but prunes, oranges, etc. are filled with sugar.  Breads, crackers, have sugar.  So, to say I'm not eating sugar is really a misnomer.

But, on Saturday, I eat a treat; a real sugar treat.  Last Saturday, I ate a little bit of a candy bar.  Man, it tasted so good.  So, now it's Monday, which is a long way until Saturday. 

 Like so many new changes in habits, I'll see how long this lasts.  Maybe another month, who knows?





No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!