12.03.2021

Dear Author

 Today I started listening to your book, which had been recommended by a friend.

Immediately the bad language and taking of the Lord's name in vain started.

Now, here's the thing.  You probably wrote a very compelling story.  But, do you really think your story relies on needing and using bad language?  Wouldn't your story have been just as entertaining without all the four letter words?

I cannot even imagine a reader saying to any author, "Oh, it needs some bad language in it to make the story more interesting." 

Because that would never happen.  If you can tell a good story, NO BAD LANGUAGE is EVER NEEDED.  I love Dickens; his stories are so intriguing, but he does NOT use bad language.

So, I'm sending your book back.  There are mountains of good books and I don't need to read one with offensive language.

I only wish all authors of modern day literature would read this post!  



No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!