1.29.2022

I Did Something I Have Never Done!

 I donated to the Catholic thrift store instead of my usual Deseret Industries.

But, there is a reason I did it.

DI is clear on the other side of town.  I drove over there earlier in the week and the drop off doesn't open until noon.  It was 9:00 a.m.

Left the clothes in the car thinking I would take them after Zumba, which ends at 11:00 a.m. As I drove out of the parking lot, there was the Catholic charity shop right across the street and it was open.  I still had one hour before the DI would open, so I thought, why not?  They are both doing the exact same thing....helping people out with used items of worth.

Once I was inside, it's obvious that they don't have the resources and the man power that DI has, but there were some very cheery and helpful ladies sorting and putting things out to show.  It was sweet, I thought.


So, that is what I did that I had never done before.  Probably won't do it again, but we are together for the same cause.

No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!