1.19.2022

January Happenings

 

Sons of the Utah Pioneer Dinner; I was overwhelmed with gratitude as we listened to the passer tell about the construction going on at the St George Temple.  I had such a sense of the pioneers strength, courage, and faith as they built this temple in the desert.  It was a marvelous evening.


Here we are - stuck right in the middle of traffic after Mike's new/used pickup wouldn't start or move or turn on or shift gears, etc.  It was quite the adventure, which it always seems to be when we go with the Allams.  we made it thru just fine, however, and soon we were comfortable sitting in a restaurant enjoying lunch and chuckling over the events.


On Monday morning, RAH got up and decided to melt the honey in one of our HUGE white plastic storage containers.  This was honey from Fred Calder's bees which we would have purchased MANY years ago.  Hooray for Allen for preserving this and making the honey accessible to eat.


Loretta wanted to know what to wear to the Sons of The Utah Pioneer Dinner, so I took a picture of what I was wearing.  She told me when she got in the car wearing a pair of black slacks that this was the first time she ha down slacks since moving to St George.  Made me laugh.

So, here we are - halfway thru January and just being grateful for our MANY blessings.


No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!