11.17.2014

Decision Making

One day a few years ago, one of our sons told me he makes bad decisions.

I've thought about that conversation a lot.

Because I make bad decisions too....

Could it actually be genetic?

Here's an example and it's still sort of sad.

I wanted to have something for the Primary kids to do in the lesson on MUSIC.

So, I bought 6 instruments at the dollar store.

2 each of 3 kinds.

SO, here's where I wasn't really thinking;

I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT ALL THE SAME KIND rather than a variety.

Because as it turns out, there were two very disappointed and weepy children at the end of Primary yesterday.

It was ugly and sad....

Will, whose facial expressions make me smile; Jonathon, who gave me a big kiss in singing time and is always so sweet;
Sam, who is the smartest kid EVER and willing to share his candy!

Olivia, whose language is so fun because it's hard to understand; Kelsie, miss personality and miss diva.
(Megan was gone because her mom just had a baby, but she always tells me how old I am!
Truthfully, I love them all!

If I had just taken the time to think through what I was doing, I would have realized that ALL the instruments should be the same.  IF there is no choice, they are all happier.  WHEN will I learn?

Man, I'm just not good at this decision stuff at times.


No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!