11.15.2014

The Babysitting Grandma

When T had her first child, her mother told her:

"Don't ask me to babysit.  I'm done with that.  I raised my 6 kids, and I don't want to start over."

T has three children now, and I don't know if T's mother ever changed her mind about babysitting for her daughter.

BUT, I do know this:

she was missing out on one of the greatest blessings of being a grandparent.

Oh sure, it's challenging being a babysitter after all the intervening years;

Kids stay up late, get up early, they want you by their side every waking moment; they need regular meals (who eats regularly when there are 2 Sr citizens kicking about a home?), they need lots of exercise, healthy snacks, attention, and the list goes on.

It's not an easy gig, for sure.

But, what better way to get acquainted with those little darlings.

Over the years, we have taken care of grandchildren quite frequently.

And, I am ALWAYS exhausted when they drive away, or we drive away.

BUT, what a great opportunity to hold, teach, laugh, play, read, share with our precious posterity.


No comments:

Grandkids...How I LOVE Them!

 Lola Halsey - one year old birthday!