12.01.2014

The Talk in Church

WOW!

 James Ure's talk in church was probably the best talk I've heard in the last six months; it packed a punch and made me think.  

It was not filled with platitudes, but was full of helpful information that was applicable to most people.  


The subject was gratitude and he was philosophizing on why he - personally couldn't be happier.....


He had 3 reasons why he can't be happy all the time.


1. The brain's amygdala keeps us on alert for fear.

2. The media telling us that we need newer, better, brand names...
3. Foreboding joy; when we experience a joyful moment, we think something bad is about to happen.

I so appreciate his talk and his conclusion - gratitude of the here and now is important to overcome those three obstacles.


I liked it.


Now, to go and DO!

No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!