2.07.2015

When the Family Comes to Visit

I-15 goes through St George.

It's like an artery of life blood taking travelers on their way to exciting adventures in Nevada and California or from those places up to northern adventures.

St George is a great sort-of-halfway point whether people are headed north or south.

And, since we have a lot of relatives/friends who travel to the north or south of us, they stop in for a potty break, a meal, a bed, a shower, a visit, a rest.

And, it's such a great blessing for us.

Right now, we have Allen's niece and family on a very quick overnight stay.  Allen is in the kitchen getting potatoes and I will soon go and make pancakes.






I love that people will stop.

I'm grateful we have the room to accommodate a few people.

I feel blessed that people would make the effort and time to see us.

It fills our home with love and laughter and camaraderie.

And, for that, I'm always grateful.

I miss having family close by....I'm glad our granddaughter is with us for a few more months; then she will be gone to grander, greater adventures.

It will be all quiet once again, and so I'm grateful, we are along the artery of travel and adventure.

That is good.



No comments:

The Quitter Finishes

 I quit things so easily; if it gets tough, I quit! But today, I finished a goal I told Allen about.  I told him I was going to go 45 minute...