4.28.2015

The Berlin Brogue

Beginning in January of 1947, when I was almost three, my father, mother, older brother and I lived for two years in Augsberg and Wiesbaden, Germany.   Apparently my brother and I became quite proficient in German…because I just came across this article in the Boise, Idaho newspaper from 1949.  We had just returned from our adventures living abroad.  

According to the article, my brother and I had “Mastered the Berlin Brogue.”  

Another article in the Deseret News says that “ the two acted as interpreters for their mother on shopping tours….”




Okay, well, will that “Berlin Brogue”  kick back in 66 years later?  Because today, my husband and I begin a grand adventure in Germany for one month.  

And, I’m expecting to be able to recall all that German from those many years ago!  Ha Ha!

No comments:

Birthday Week with the GIRLS! IN Other Words; FUN TIMES in Santa Fe, New Mexico!

  Not in the right order, but whatever the order, it was SO FUN!  Just a great time.