10.03.2018

To Brag or Not To Brag

I don't remember a lot of advise my dear mother gave me, but she often said it was not polite to brag about one's children.

For some reason, that stuck with me.

And, because she was my dear mother and I believed her, it has been very difficult for me to ever brag about our children.

I see that as a HUGE error.  And, I certainly don't blame my mother, who raised three of the most remarkable sons ever, but I think it is a mistake to say bragging is not appropriate.

I visit quite a few people in our neighborhood; they brag on their children - constantly, incessantly.

And, their children are wonderful, good people.

They know their parents are proud, as they should be.

Some over brag.  Some are hard to listen to.  But, bragging comes so naturally to them.

Sometimes, I think in the middle of a conversation - here's where I should say something about MY OWN CHILD.  Here's Where I should insert something really great about what my child or grandchild has done.

The words don't come out.  IF, it does, I immediately feel like I've done something horribly wrong.

IT's sort of crazy and a psychosis of sorts, I fear.

I love our children; I'm so proud of their achievements and their accomplishments.  I'm proud of the kind of people they have become; they are high achievers.  Good, Kind, Thoughtful, Hard-working.

I'm so proud of them.



Maybe some day, I'll be able to share that with others.


No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!