1.12.2019

A Night to Remember

So, last night I did something I've never done, nor will probably never do again.

And, it was awesome.  I wish I had taken a couple of pictures, but then maybe that would not have been allowed.

Because you see, I went to A JEWISH worship service.

23 people were in attendance about equally men and women.

There was a woman in her 40's with her 10 year old daughter.  And the rest were in my age category.

The Rabbi is the Rabbi Helene Ainbinder and I took a class from her last semester.  I had previously asked her if I could attend a worship service and she said, Of course.  Then at exercise class yesterday, I met Penny, who told me the service was last night.

They meet once a month at the Presbyterian Church since they don't have a large enough congregation to build their own synagogue.

The Rabbi had a beautiful Torah, but she didn't unscroll it and read from it;
I'm not sure why...maybe I'll ask Penny next week at aerobics.
Because this is a reformed Jewish congregation, they have a woman rabbi, which would never be allowed in the Orthodox church.

It is mainly singing, reading from the Torah, and a very brief message from the Rabbi Helene.  There was a paper to follow along, so we knew at all times exactly where we were.  We each had a copy of the prayer book from which the readings are taken.

Rabbi Ainbinder speaks and reads Hebrew which is amazing as it looks very difficult.

I loved the verses we read about our loyalty to one God.  But, I'm so very grateful that I know about the Messiah, Jesus.

They are good people, concerned about the members of their congregation, generous and devout, but they are missing the most essential ingredient of all; the SAVIOUR.

No comments:

Birthday Week with the GIRLS! IN Other Words; FUN TIMES in Santa Fe, New Mexico!

  Not in the right order, but whatever the order, it was SO FUN!  Just a great time.