1.16.2019

Cousins Coincidence


Dixie texted; she wanted to meet us for lunch.

Dixie is Allen's 2 or 3 COUSIN; who knows, but anyway, they are related.  She is wonderful.

When we arrived, Dixie and Reed introduced us to their friends from Holladay, Utah.  They asked how long we had lived here....13 years or so.

And, then Gaylen asked what a lot of people ask when you live in St George.  Do YOU KNOW....
And, the answer is 99.9%, No, we don't know.......

But incredibly, he asked if we knew Linda Asay.  I just burst out laughing.  Because just the minute before we were leaving for the restaurant, I HAD BEEN TALKING TO LINDA ASAY!

Oh, yes, we know the Asay.  We have been on trips with them, live right thru the block from them...oh yes, we know them.

Then, he said, Linda is my COUSIN!

Allen, Loni, Dixie, Reed, Brenda, Gaylen, who just happens to be Linda Asay's first cousin...such a small world!
We had such a delightful afternoon sitting there talking and getting acquainted.  It was a fun time.

But, the best part was, as we were leaving the restaurant, Gaylen leaned his ear down to mine and whispered, "I hope you won't be offended by this, but you have beautiful legs!"

I'm still laughing over this.  NO ONE IN MY LIFETIME HAS EVER SAID I HAVE BEAUTIFUL LEGS.  Yes, I'm well aware that it is inappropriate in this day and age.  I get it, but i have to say, I LOVED IT!

74 9/12 and an old man said I had good-looking legs.

I'll take it.

Hooray for COUSIN COINCIDENCES!!!!!!

No comments:

Grandkids...How I LOVE Them!

 Lola Halsey - one year old birthday!