2.02.2020

The non-Inspiring visit



"Okay, RAH," I said as I headed out the door to do our ministering, "No matter where they head today with their multiple health issues, I am redirecting the conversation."

I had explained earlier that whenever E and I visit C, all they talk about are health concerns...from the very top of their head to the bottom of their feet and every where in-between.  So, I was determined that THIS TIME would be different.  No matter where the health conversation headed, I would steer it in another direction!  After all, we as ministers are supposed to leave them feeling uplifted and inspired.  THAT was my goal:

Here, then, is an actual transcript of that afternoon....

Door opens:

D says cheerfully;"Hi you guys!  Come on in!"

E says as she walks thru the front door: "How is your friend who had his toes amputated?"

C smiling: "He's good, going home today, if he doesn't get sepsis. (or something, I can never follow their health dialogue....nor do I wish to!)

E: "Oh, I've had that - it's bad.  I was in the hospital for two weeks with it.  And then I got psoriasis....it was not pretty."

MOI:  "Oh, we are coming into spring - such a pretty time of year - and the flowers are supposed to start blooming?"

D:  just slightly nodding: "He may have to have a CAT scan before he leaves the hospital."

MOI:  "Oh, my goodness, speaking of cats...have you seen that little tabby running around the neighborhood?  I don't know whose cat it is....I don't think Gigi HAS a cat!   SO, whose could it be?"

D; "I'm a nurse; I know how serious these things can get.  In fact, I'm leaving in just a few minutes to go to my doctor to see about my kidney.  I suspect renal Failure."

MOI:  Trying so hard to remain optimistic and on a more pleasant path: "I'm sure it's not FAILURE.  As long as you are TRYING, it wouldn't be considered failure!"

E:  "That's terrible!  I've had so many kidney problems, and it has gone into my bladder, as you both know.  I'm still wearing that dang catheter!"

MOI: Oh, I've always loved the name Cathy for a girl.  I wish I had named a daughter Cathy, with a K!:

D:  "It's been great to have you here, but I'm off to the doctor!"

MOI:  "I wanted to leave you with a little message.  Here's a toothbrush timer, so that every time while you brush your teeth with the sand running to the bottom, you can remember to say what you are grateful for!"

E:  ""Holy cow!  Thanks for mentioning teeth...did I tell you that I'm having tooth surgery  next week?"

And, so I say: There's always Next month!


No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!