6.14.2020

Church in a Time of Covid

I went to Sacrament meeting today.

It would usually be quite normal to do that on a Sunday.

But, these are NOT normal times.

I went by myself, sat by myself, and wore a face mask, as did everyone in the congregation.

And, the congregation was very small.

We sat in every other pew, families together, but the rest of us apart.

The hymns were sung, but with no hymnbooks.

The Sacrament was passed.

The meeting I attended was similar to this, but we were all wearing masks, which I see on their laps.


There was one speaker.  He spoke on repentance and receiving guidance from the Holy Ghost.  He based his talk on a talk by President Nelson.

It was strange, but strangely comforting to be back in the familiar.

I love the sameness of church no matter where one goes, or no matter the circumstances of church.

I felt peace in the midst of chaos.

No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!