4.30.2021

Thursday Adventures

 IT's a PARY on Thursdays!

This week, we went out to Sunriver to see Donna's new home which is being built.

WOW!  It's absolutely frightening with all the new building going on; no matter which end of town you look on, there is building activity.  

It always makes us wonder: WHERE WILL THE WATER FOR ALL THESE PEOPLE COME FROM?

As we stood outside the restaurant waiting for everyone, Gigi took me aside and told me what these weekly drives mean to her.  Her husband is suffering from Dementia, and she said, "I just need to get out!  I need to talk to people.  I need social interaction."  

Oh, dear, Gigi, how we love you and wish we could lighten your burden ever more.

While we were eating at the restaurant, a lady came up to me and said, "I know YOU!"  And, indeed we did know each other.  We had both taught at Madison Middle School.    It was so fun to make that connection.   Corrine Rankin lives in Page, Arizona and she was visiting a son in St. George.  

The Thursday Gang:  Allen and Loni, Gigi and Jim Kern, Donna Conder, whose husband just got a job and can't go, Loretta and Mike Allam, Bart Barton.

Fun and food and friends; a perfect combination.

No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!