4.28.2021

Sorrow That the Eye Can See

 In the past two months, two events have occurred in our ward/neighborhood that are devastating to the families involved.  Both are sorrowful and are causing much heartache.  I get those feelings.

Number one...we got an envelope with a strange return address in the mail one day.


When I read this, my heart just took a beat too many.  This was so weird and unusual.  Inside the letter were photo copies of documents relating to a trial from about ten years ago.  It was a trail against a man in our ward who is a marriage counselor.  It's over and done, and he has gone on about his life, and is a marvelous man.  A disgruntled husband had sent these documents to some of our neighbors, hoping to discredit Brother DS.  He did not know anything about the letter until RAH took it over to show him.  He was upset, and was confident he knew who it was.  But, he was going to his lawyer.  So UGLY on the part of the unhappy client.  And, I was so sad for DS' wife and family that entire day.  They are a wonderful family and he did not deserve that blow.

Earlier this week, I happened to come across a kidnapping/leaving home posted on Face Book. I don't usually look at FB, so it was unusual that I found the post.  The step-father had written the post accusing some people of manipulating his son into running away.  Later that night, the 16 year old son posted on Instagram that he had escaped of his own volition.  He said his father was abusive to him and he was doing this on his own.  Well, I'm just in shock.  It's all so sad and such a misunderstanding.  His wonderful mother just gave birth to her 8th child, and the father had five of his own.  

My prayers are and have been with both of these marvelous families who are just trying to live the Gospel and raise their families.

Oh, Satan, get our of our lives.  

No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!