11.07.2011

Monday - Clean the Master Bedroom Day

Goal: go through the drawers to see if there is anything to give to DI...in other words, just try to downsize a little.

Result:  I came across a few of the gifts our Chinese students had given us the last day....some were so tiny and seemed so insignificant, but were so thoughtful and generous....like the girl who handed me the little tiny homemade paper-crafted flowers. 

Just seeing them this morning made me so grateful for those dear students.  Shawn ( a tall, outstanding student) gave me the little bag and it's so representative of the Chinese...I love it. Someone so lovingly handed me the little panda...it's not much, but it was so from the heart.  There were other gifts in the cupboard; these are just a few, but they so represent the kindness of those dear, dear students.

Rolled up in the cupboard - because we haven't got it framed yet - was a cross-stitch done by Susan, the girl at the front desk of the foreign teacher's building where we lived.  Often I would see her working on this project.  Then one day, she presented it to me.  I was overwhelmed because I knew how long she had been at work on it.  I will always treasure this beautiful gift from wonderful Susan.
I didn't down-size after all, but I found a treasure trove of memories.

No comments:

Birthday Week with the GIRLS! IN Other Words; FUN TIMES in Santa Fe, New Mexico!

  Not in the right order, but whatever the order, it was SO FUN!  Just a great time.