11.30.2018

Hyrum Smith

A week ago, RAH and I went to a lecture.

I'll just say this; it was FANTASTIC!

The speaker was Hyrum Smith, who founded Tuacahn and who worked with Steven Covey in establishing Franklin Planner.

He is a motivational speaker and it's easy to see why; he was funny, told great inspiring stories, and was just good to hear.

He told a remarkable story about when he was a 14 year old Scout leader and took them to Hawaii; it was just an incredible story.  But, one thing he told them was they had to memorize these three lines

There is no chance, no destiny, no fate, that can circumvent or hinder or control the firm resolve of a determined soul. 

Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Anyway, I've memorized that and just keep reviewing it...it's very inspiring, as was his talk.

Oh, people can give such good talks, and I'm grateful when I get to hear one.

No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!