11.19.2018

The Clothes Ladies....a Study in Two Opposites

A year ago or so, I received a text from Louise.  She said that her friend was going to come over with her little trailer that she had converted into a portable clothes, accessories, shoes, boot, tops, pants and dress shop.

So, to support Louise, I stopped by to see this adorable little trailer converted to a mini clothing shop on wheels.

There were a lot of items for sale in this teeny little space, and lots of neighbors dropped by, like me, to support Louise and her friend.  I didn't know the lady at all, but while I was looking around inside, she was telling a couple of ladies that in the previous month, she personally had spent over $2,000.00 on herself for clothing.  She had realized that was a lot, so she was going to try to sell clothing to make her purchases cheaper.  So, she and her husband had bought this little travel trailer, spent ten thousand dollars to convert it into a store, and was now in business.

I listened to that tale - stunned.  TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS IN ONE MONTH ON CLOTHING!    That's my entire budget for one month.....it was ludicrous.

Now, for the exact opposite.

My sister-in-law Shauna and I were walking to a play one beautiful Saturday afternoon, and I said, "I love those black pants you have on...they are very nice-looking!"  She laughed and said they had come from the Aunt Gerry bags which are clothes that our aunt would give to Shauna occasionally.

Then she added this statement, "I bet I have not spent over $100.00 in clothing in my married life."  (45 years!)  I was stunned!  Unbelievable.  Many people have donated clothing to her over the years and that is basically all she wears.

She did tell me that she does buy shoes.

She also added that the only thing she spends almost any money on is things for her grandchildren, which she buys at dollar stores or second-hand stores usually!

So, there you have it...two styles; two women.

Both intriguing; both extremes.

No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!