9.24.2019

Have I Ever Mentioned.....

...how much I like to pick up the mail in the early evenings?

Especially if the Bahr children are outside playing?

Today, initially, there were two children running down the sidewalk in races as I walked up the block towards the mailbox: Taylor and Brayden.

I asked 4 year old Brayden what foods he eats to help him run so fast, and Taylor just piped in, "We eat garden food!"  I asked her specifically what she eats, and she said, "carrots, peppers, basil."  I asked her if she eats Starbursts from her garden and she said determinedly, "Those don't grow in a garden!  They are made in a lab!  And, they are not good for you to eat!"

In a few minutes their beautiful mother came out and I was telling them what had been said, and Andrea said that Brayden had asked her last week if there were pizza seeds that could be grown?  That so made me laugh.  Then Natalie and Aubrey came out.  We chatted for awhile, and I headed toward home a block away.

As I got clear down the street closer to my home, I heard a small voice yell:

"Loni!"

I turned around and said, "Yes?"

She yelled, "How old are you?"

"75," I yelled back.

From clear down the street I could hear Taylor yell, "That's really old!"

Yes, Taylor, that's REALLY OLD!

But, every time I'm around you and your siblings, I feel the JOY of YOUTH.

Thanks for a delightful few minutes.


No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!