9.17.2019

LIVING IN A NEIGHBORHOOD

DC is very outspoken.

Her home is a model home in every way.

Her yard is a picture of beauty, good taste, and always well kept.

The inside of the home is just what you would expect from seeing the front.   Immaculate, tastefully decorated and furnished.  I've been in it many times, and I have NEVER seen a dust mite, a scrap of paper, a book on the coffee table, a pair of shoes by any door.  I've been in her boudoir while she was recovering from surgery and it was completely amazing and clean.  Where were the papers, books, doctors' bills, etc.?  NOWHERE!

It's truly a remarkable home and setting.

So, here's the deal:

She has this model back yard with gorgeous swimming pool, palm trees, etc.  It has been her haven for many many years.

BUT, NOW, the neighbors are building a HUGE out building that will block DC's view!  AND she is ANGREEEEEEE.

I get it.  Totally; I live with a blocked view every day in my own back yard.

Roger built this tree house.  It's almost right up against our fence, which is against code.  People who come to visit us are often more upset by it than we.  I mean, what good does it do to get upset?  He did it, it's done, move on.

She is very angry, and very outspoken against these neighbors.

So, here's my situation.  I love  the people who live behind DC. They are just great young people.  She had one boy, but is unable to have any other children; she has some serious stomach problems or something.  But, she is the nicest, sweetest, kindest, most thoughtful person.  She was my visiting teacher for awhile and I grew to respect and love her; her goodness just shone through.

This young couple did everything right about building a structure.  They went to the city council, who gave them a permit.

(Our neighbors didn't bother with a permit.  They just built in non-compliance to the laws.  And, I'm okay with it.  We'll likely never be able to sell our home, but that will be our kids concern.  HA HA HA HA.)

BUT, for several months, I have been hearing from DC about her back yard being ruined, how could the B's do that, etc. etc.

My big problem is that I do NOT want her complaints to me - to affect my relationship with the B's.

Living in a neighborhood is just such a challenge.

Okay, relationships are a challenge.







No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!