9.25.2019

Over the Fence

In a recent post, I mentioned some neighbors that are angry because of an out building being built by their back-yard neighbors.

The situation saddens me.

Another neighbor situation totally saddens me.  Our next-door neighbors just moved.  I LOVED the entire C family; Cody, Nickell, Noah, Crew, Luke, Elle, Vivian, Violet.  They were THE most delightful family.  The boys were handsome; the young girls so beautiful.

Look at this great family!  DO they look like monsters?  NO WAY!  Yet, that is how the GRINCHES see them!
I just love these people: Cody, Nickel, Noah, Crew, Luke, Elle, Vivian, Violet.


And, they were good neighbors.  Always friendly, happy pleasant, polite.  Lately, Noah has been mowing our lawn, and he is dependable, doing it just the way RAH asks him too.

They ARE THE BEST!  AND, I will totally miss them!

I've never met anyone quite like Nickel; she is so laid back and non-uptight.  She just goes with the flow.
Cody is sort of like that too.  Just gentle and GOOD. 

BUT, over THEIR fence live the GRINCHES.

It's so hard for me to believe what those neighbors have gotten angry over over the past two years.  A ball or two has gone into their yard.  A BALL?  Not a bowling ball, not a wrecking ball; but a baseball, maybe a soccer ball!  So, the C's put up a HUGE net across the fence so a ball from the boys could not go sailing errantly over the six foot high fence.

Still, the complaints came from the Grinch family.  Over trivial matters....It's just so ludicrous to me.  And sad.

But, the real kicker happened yesterday.

We went to see the lovely C family in their new home; to take them some pizza and say how we will miss them.  Standing looking over their HUGE incredible new back yard, Nickell told me that the GRINCHES had sent the property manager of the home they just moved out of, a very nasty letter.

In this letter, she had told Mr. D that if he rented to any more people like the C family, she would make his life a living hell.  

WHAT IN THE HECK is that all about?

How can two people see the situation so differently?  I love this family, and yes, we've had plenty of balls fly over into our yard which is adjacent.  I like it.  The kids come over to retrieve them, and I'm glad to talk to the kids.

BUT, the GRINCHES see them as destroyers, menaces to their peace and quiet.

It's just bizarre to me.  Truly.

No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!