8.17.2009

Boy, Is My Face Red!

Woman with four children sick and down for the count.

Casserole to the rescue.

Tried and proven recipe calls for a small can of mild green chilis.

Dish returned..

Teen-age son returning dish: "Well, it was quite a bit hotter and spicier than we normally eat?! But, thanks."

HOTTER?!?! SPICIER?!?!?

Quick trip to the pantry...where one more can of supposedly same purchased item of green chilis resided:

Oh, my goodness....DICED JALAPENOS; not only jalapenos, but also HOT!!!!




(You gotta admit, the cans DO look a lot alike.)

Sorry, guys...now the mother of four is REALLY down sick for the count!

2 comments:

Ms. Fish said...

Funny, funny story. I chuckle everytime I think about it! And you know what? I bet those jalapenos did that sick momma some good. May have cleaned out her sinuses. Matter of fact I bet right about now she's craving some more of that casserole!

You are a good, good woman. No reason to have a red face. Leave that up to those eatin' the HOT jalapenos.

Nat said...

Oh, how funny! That will be a story that keeps your family laughing for a long long time. And yes, I do agree, the cans look almost identical...I have come home from the store with the jalepenos as well.

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!